Asthma Management Program
Asthma is a chronic lung condition that causes inflammation and swelling of the airways, sensitivity to things that make swelling worse, and decreased airflow in the lungs. In the United States, asthma affects about 25 million people. There is no cure for asthma, but you can learn to manage it so you can maintain a normal activity level and minimize the need for emergency treatment.
Asthma Matters was developed to provide you with the tools you need to prevent chronic and troublesome symptoms and improve your well-being.
Asthma Matters program benefits include:*
- Educational information
- Asthma supply kit and asthma-friendly pillow cover
- Up to $10 in gift cards for health-related items for Asthma Matters program Members who enroll and complete required education
- Peak flow meter
* Limitations or restrictions may apply. Please contact a Health Educator at email@example.com to see if you qualify for specific program benefits.
REady TO Quit Smoking?
This time, try something different. YES QUIT can help you become an expert in living tobacco-free. Call the free Texas Quitline service or use their web-based program and double your chances of quitting quit all forms of tobacco, including e-cigarettes. To get started, call the Texas Tobacco Quitline at 1-877-YES-QUIT or visit YesQuit.org.
SA Kids BREATHE is a NO-COST home teaching program for children ages 3 to 17 who have asthma and live in the City of San Antonio. Education and support are designed to improve the quality of life of children with asthma, keeping kids in school and parents at work.
A SA Kids BREATHE Community Health Worker will meet with families in their homes (virtual or in-person) to improve asthma control and provide education, including:
- How to use asthma devices
- What can trigger asthma
- About your child’s asthma medicine