STAR Medicaid Program
Most people who have Medicaid in Texas get their coverage through the STAR managed care program. STAR covers low-income children, pregnant women, and families.
Community First Health Plans is the only non-profit, locally owned health plan available in our service area that offers the STAR program.
STAR Medicaid Benefits:
- Regular checkups at the doctor and dentist
- Prescription drugs and vaccines
- Hospital care and services
- X-rays and lab tests
- Vision and hearing care
- Access to medical specialists and mental health care
- Treatment of special health needs
- Treatment of pre-existing conditions
Families with children who get Children’s Medicaid pay nothing. To find out more and to apply, visit www.yourtexasbenefits.com. You can also call 2-1-1.
STAR Value-Added Services
As a STAR Member, Community First offers you both benefits provided by the STAR program and extra health care benefits exclusive to Community First Members called value-added services.
Click the button below to review the value-added services available to you.
Texas Health Steps
Texas Health Steps is the Medicaid health care program for STAR and STAR Kids children, teens, and young adults, birth through age 20.
Texas Health Steps gives you/your child:
- Free regular medical checkups starting at birth.
- Free dental checkups starting at six months of age.
- A case manager who can find out what services you/your child needs and where to get these services.
- Free rides to and from the doctor, dentist, hospital, or drug store.
To learn more about Texas Health Steps, click here.
View our Member Resources, a library of benefits and resources available to you!
Your STAR Member Handbook and our bi-annual Community First Member Newsletter is available to you in print, free of charge, and mailed within 5 days. For your free copy, please call 1-800-434-2347 or make a request through your secure Member Portal.
For more information about how your health plan works, please read the STAR Member Handbook and your Evidence of Coverage.