Non-Emergency Medical TransportationCommunity First Health Plans STAR and STAR Kids Members can get a ride at no cost to health care appointments, the pharmacy, dentist, and other places that provide Medicaid services.
What is NEMT?
NEMT stands for Non-Emergency Medical Transportation. NEMT services are available to STAR and STAR Kids Members who have no other means of transportation to get to scheduled health care appointments.
MTM is Community First’s transportation partner who provides these services.
NEMT services include:
- Passes or tickets for travel by train, bus, or air
- Curb-to-curb transportation
- Mileage reimbursement
- Travel expenses (for Members under age 20)
- Travel expenses for attendants (i.e., parents, guardians, caregivers)
MTM will choose the best means of transportation for you, depending on your needs.
Can I get NEMT services?
If you are a Community First STAR or STAR Kids Member and you have no means of transportation or can’t get a ride to a health care appointment, you can get NEMT services at no cost.
- CHIP Members are not eligible for NEMT services.
- NEMT is NOT an ambulance service. If you need emergency services or an ambulance, please call 911.
How do I schedule a ride?
What else do I need To Know?
When you call MTM or book online, you’ll need to provide the following information:
- Medicaid ID number on Your Texas Benefits Medicaid ID card (this is different than your Community First Member ID card)
- Name, address, and phone number of the place you are going
- The medical reason for your visit
- Date and time of appointment
- If you or your child has any unique needs, including a wheelchair, lift, or a walker
If you need help after hours or on the weekend, call
Where’s My Ride: 1-888-444-0824 (TTY 711)
24 hours a day, 7 days a week