Health and Human Services (HHS) has asked that we educate our provider and members on the dangers of fentanyl and how, together, we can fight the fentanyl crisis. To accomplish this, we are going to help members understand how to save the life of someone experiencing a fentanyl overdose, along with other important information.
How to save the life of someone experiencing a Fentanyl overdose:
- Call 911 right away
- Try to wake the person up
- Give naloxone, if available
- Begin rescue breathing or CPR
- Turn the person on their side to prevent choking
- Stay with person until emergency services arrive
To learn more about fentanyl and signs of an overdose, click here.