Your Questions Answered
Community First Health Plans requires that certain services be authorized prior to being rendered.
Are You A Community First Member?
Learn more about referrals to specialists and prior authorization requests to help make the right choice for your family.
The following documents are a detailed description of the different authorization processes and request forms required for Community First Health Plans:
- Prior Authorization Process
- 2021 Prior Authorization List Effective 01/01/2021
- 2021 Authorization List Codes – Government Programs
- 2022 Authorization List Codes – Government Programs
- Texas Standard Prior Authorization Request Form for Health Care Services
- Home Health Services (Title XIX) DME/Medical Supplies Physician Order Form
See the full list of Prior Authorizations required for medical procedures/services by contracted and non-contracted providers below:
For a full list of Prior Authorizations compliant with Senate Bill 1742, please see the Prior Authorizations Compliant with SB1742 list.
Annual Review Report
We Are Here To Help
We are happy to answer any questions you may have. Call 800-434-2347, Monday – Friday, 8 am – 5 pm to speak with a representative who can help.
If you have questions after hours, call the Community First Nurse Advice Line at 1-800-434-2347 available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year to help you get the care you need.